Taiwan

Taiwan
马来西亚华裔青年台湾观摩团Taiwan Kuanmootuan 2008

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Brooks Half Marathon 2012

11 Mac 2012, was a cloudy day with temperature 28°C, 3 activities in my schedule in the same day, that was Brooks Half Marathon 2012, PEMADAM Team Building Program from 9-11 Mac 2012 and my mum and my sister came here from 10-15 Mac 2012. How should I decide which one more important to me? At last, I decline the invitation from PEMADAM despite I’m interested to their program, I chose to go for Brooks Half Marathon because it’s my turn to organize this event, I got the responsibilities on it. At the same time, I also can meet with my mum and sister. Well, is ok, let’s change a topic to talk about Brooks Half Marathon. They arranged me to organize this event with Tarmizi, we two were busy with MASUM Olahraga before this event. So, in the last week, we two just kelam kabut with the paperwork for Brooks Half Marathon. This is my very 1st time to organize event noh, then do paperwork for HEPA lah, transport la ,namelist lah and registration lah, all that really many procedures to do and follow, we still very confused at last minutes. I did not join the race because the fees are too expensive for me, costs RM65, I just can say the fees can feed me for 10 days. I choose to keep my money, so I just went there to take photos and accompany them.

3.30am, everybody gathered at bus parking area and I called the driver to do last check. Bus moved 4am sharp to Stadium Nasional Bukit Jalil. The most loser part for me to handle this event was this morning. Because of we registered very late for UPNM’s participants, then we get the bib no early in the morning before event started, and from 30 participants, we just get 6 jerseys, really fail lah what we did in this event. 5.30AM,Flag-off for 21km, then 6.30AM for 10km runners. Although many things not so smooth in this event, but I think UPNM’s runners still quite enjoyed their run, show good results and good timing.

Here comes no.7 for 10km Mens Open, Mohamad Suhaime Shukor, with timing 00:43:04.

Here comes no.9 for 10km Mens Open, Mohamad Hudha b. Mohamad Mortador, with timing 00:44:18.

Here comes no.7 for 21km Mens Open, Chan Jun Shen, with timing 01:30:41.

Of course congratz to the winners and all the finisher la, they really did very well to keep UPNM proud.For all 21km finisher, they still get one mystery gift.

The mystery gift and the finisher medal. The trophy is belongs to Hudha.


After the event, organizer still prepare breads, watermelons, Tau foo Fa and red bean for the participants as their breakfast. 

Besides, 100plus and milo also there for us to drink. Event ended around 11AM, then me as the organizer, even my mum and sister reach KL earlier one day, I also can’t meet with them, need to wait until event finished. After settled down all the work, and after all of them get into UPNM’s bus, I just left and went to LRT station and continue my day with my mum and sister. This time, my mum came KL for a meeting, coincidently she get in touch with her old neighbor, so they stayed at the old neighbour’s house. Owh, forget one important part to share, don’t know why, that day I’m in good mood bringing UPNM’s team, then when I left them and while I’m on the way to LRT station Bukit Jalil, I found RM12 on the floor. For my whole life, I just got chance to see people found money on the floor or found handphone on the floor ah, but for myself, this is the 1st time. Think back is it I got did any good deed in the morning, but I felt that I didn’t do anything special wor. That time, that area  don’t have anybody, so I decided to pick up the money (1st time) as an appreciation for myself just finished organize one event. While waiting my mum and the old neighbor came to fetch me up, they asked me to go LRT station Maluri, then wait at Jaya Jusco. Ok loh, I had RM12 in hand that time, in my mind, want to buy food for daily use or buy junk food leh. Lastly, I choose to buy Sushi and Cuppocino Ice Blended Pearl Drink, atleast I’m not using that “extra money” for my own need ma, so just choose to buy extra food for my stomach.

“Extra Sushi”-appreciation prize for myself

Then went to the old neighbour’s house, very very big. Behind her house got one swimming pool, so of course just jump into the swimming pool la, no need do 2nd think. I spent 2 nights at her house, and Monday night she just send me back to my campus. Nice weekend for me…


 If want to view more photos, can visit the photo album>>>>> Brooks Half Marathon


Written on 27.3.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...