Taiwan

Taiwan
马来西亚华裔青年台湾观摩团Taiwan Kuanmootuan 2008

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sarawak 5 days life

Journey started...
Continue with the story of BHR Padawan Nature Challege, now is the time to share about some experience when I’m staying in Sarawak within 1-5 Julai 2011. I 1st meet with my partner was at Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT), she is from Langkawi and she is a Malay sport woman. She found me as her partner to participate in jungle trekking BHR Padawan Nature Challenge. That event also make me put my 1st step to Sarawak. I remembered that day I went to LCCT myself by KLIA Transit,


meet with that stranger woman (but now become a close friend already), then sit Air Asia and fly to Sarawak with her and yet I did something crazy, she and me overnight at her boyfriend’s house, stayed with Malay family. Wa, maybe when you see this, u will wonder how I can survive in that journey, haha. I also can’t imagine how dare are me that moment. For me, everything can solved in a very easy way, all just depends on your personal thinking, I can adapt wherever I’m ,whoever with me, however the condition and whenever the moment. Everybody should have this attitude as a requirement to become a future leader and a success people. I try to upbringing myself with all that requirement.

For my 1st time overnight at malay house, but that makcik treat me very nice…Makcik cook very delicious asam fish, sambal and many malay cuisine, really very nice.


Makcik very sporting, I can chatting with her like daughter and mum. That family also got one teenage girl younger than me 1 year old (called her adik), very coincidently, her ambition is to become a police, is almost the same extent of work with my university. Maybe my age is near to her, so we can chat like old friends, I share my experience about UPNM to her, she interested to come UPNM, and ask me to exchange identity with her, she want to come UPNM and want me to stay in Sarawak. haha, what a funny girl. We also went to training, warm up before the day of jungle trekking. We went to Damai Beach, nice scenery of beach and coincidently bump with Dato and her wife.


One of the morning, I accompany the whole family went to Sunday Market to buy all the vegetables and food for lunch.


The Sunday Market is full with people and from the market, I get to know the culture of Sarawak, style of Sarawak people, the special things in Sarawak and many more. At the market, also got shop lots, makcik introduce Sarawak laksa to us, let’s taste it, wow, it’s nice.

Makcik wanted to cook all delicious food to us, then buy many fresh vegetables and meat, more than 10packs of plastics, we help makcik to carry it.


I spent 5 days in Sarawak, actually that time is not holiday. I miss classes for 2 days, but with reason la. That time also the last week before final exam for my 3rd semester in foundation, can say is the most important week in my foundation year, because lecturer always give tips in the last week, but I was absent, how dare is me,haha. So, in my mind, just want to enjoy the event and make it as a travel trip. Makcik also bring my partner, adik and me to stroll along Kuching town.

It’s very beautiful, feel very great to see another side of Malaysia. We went to Kuching waterfront, around that area got many icon building included church and many buildings, I already can’t remember what the place called, seems I’m become older now..haha. Only photos can show to u all. At the waterfront, also got small sampan to let visitors sit to cross to another side, is very cheap, just rm0.50 per person.


There got another ship called Sarawak River Cruise, the ship will stroll along to the Sarawak River, can view the sunset in Sarawak, entertain at the ship and so on.


In Sarawak, in Kuching, the icon is a cat(kucing),I also take photos as my memory.

As everybody knows, the well-known food in Sarawak is Kek Lapis and Terubuk Ikan Masin.

I didn’t buy Ikan Masin because I’m not back to home after go back from Sarawak, so, I just buy Kek Lapis for myself, lecturer and my friends as souvenir. Kek Lapis can get from every corner in Sarawak, the colour of the kek also very nice look and very cheap, but it also need to see the quality. I prefer home-made kek, coincidently neighbours of makcik got do this kek to sell. I calculate all my friend lists, wow, is too many needed to buy. I bought 8 packs, costs RM10 per pack. I didn’t pos it back to my hometown, so my family didn’t taste the smell of kek lapis.


Sarawak got many destinations, I stayed in Kuching, since Kuching is the capital city of Sarawak,so is a very popular city. Many places in Sarawak we can visit, likes Annah Rais Longhouse, Sarawak Cultural Village, Sunday Market, Bako National Park, Semonggah Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, Jong’s Crocodile Farm, Bario, Mulu Cave , Muzium Kucing, Damai Beach and many more. I can’ finish all the destination where I wish to go, but nevermind, I want to go there next time when got cheap tickets to Sarawak…When talked about Sarawk, our mind will flow out about long house,right? I also got the chance to have a view at longhouse, really very special.


And Sarawak is well- known with orang asli and kaum suku..i met with few of them and feel like interested with their culture. In Sarawak, their words and sounds not same in west of Malaysia. I learned from adik and note down some words.
Malay Sarawak words
saya- kamek
kamu -kitak
cakap -kelakar
ketawa -ketak
tahu -tauk
lagi -agik
takde- sekda
sana -sinun
sini- sitok
tanya- tanyak
pergi mana- gi sinei
tengok diat-nangga
buat apa- papolah
tadi- tek
juga -juak
dahulu- lok
dengan- ngan

I enjoyed every second in Sarawak. But actually I worried my presentation and final exam that time. All already over and I had fun there. In future, I will visit Sarawak again. Sarawak is a nice place,you can have a view at the websiteFrom my facebook,you also can view my photos when in Sarawak..


Thx to all,appreciate it.
Damai Beach

Written on 19.9.2011


2 comments:

  1. Hi Yong Le :)..Sarawak best kan?..nnt kalo g srwak,,dtg Bintulu plak ok..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halo...Sarawak mmg best..sy pun byk tempat kat Sarawak x lawat lg..u study dkat Bintulu kew?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...