Taiwan

Taiwan
马来西亚华裔青年台湾观摩团Taiwan Kuanmootuan 2008

Friday, June 3, 2011

Running and Explorace in UTM,Skudai



Since I’m being an university student in UPNM, every event they ask me to go, I’m not take part on it, because heard the word “seminar” or “bengkel”, already feel boring. Haha. But this time was different, just 1st week of my 3rd semester, then heard that PEMADAM (persatuan mencegah dadah Malaysia) have an event among IPT in UTM. Although I’m not members in that club, but they just give us chance. I feel like I need to go to UTM have a look, look other Uni’s culture and special about them. Coincidently, activities that included in the event are running and explorace, then I sacrifice my weekend and go for that event. We went there in a group of 10ladies and 4 guys., took around 4 hours to reach UTM. We stayed there 3days 2nights, 20,21,22May2011.
21May, Saturday, wake up early in the morning, prepared for explorace. All divided into 20 groups, each group stand for 5members.UTM such a big campus, cant finish explore within a day. Me and my group members start get to our 1st checkpoint. Our 1st checkpoint is horse stable, very interesting. W e have to put two big bags of something to “lapik” on the land for the horse. 1st time so close distance to a horse, just know actually horse is not fierce at all, he just has a big body. At the same time, we still can take photos with the horse. The horse we serve him is called “Safire”.

After that, we go for another checkpoint,got 10 checkpoints,plus UTM such a big campus , just like a city,we run from this checkpoint to another checkpoint with just bring along a campus’s map, each distance is around 1km.I remembered that got one checkpoint that need us to take sweets inside the flour. Around 20 sweets I take out from there, very weird, make my face looks like a crown.

During the explorace, we got went to a wrong place or cant find the checkpoint, tired of running, rushing of time. But the main point they want is to see our co-operation in a group. However, we need to move in a group, help each other in the group. After the explorace, just afternoon, then our lecturer bring us to Jusco Johor, we shop around in the shopping complex. That’s called relax. Haha. Around 7pm,we go back to UTM again,to attend a dinner.

Comes to another day, is my running hour. Early in the morning, my mood is hot. After senam robik, my friends didn’t join the run, they just be the supporter. From my Uni, only me and other 4guys joined it. For guys,distance is 5km, they get no20, no 49 and no50 in men’s category, they’re not in top 10,so just able to get certificate. Then, how about me? I also dunno, haha. Chiang Chiang…..I’m the 1st runner-up in women’s category, 3km.

So happy I get a hamper, certificate and a medal.
1 certificate is for participant and 1more is for explorace.
That was my 1st running event in IPT. Hope that my inspiration keep getting on.That day after the event, I post a status on fb written
“ is not my fate to get no.1,but at least I know got a person leading me in front”
From primary school, ever get the gold medal, but seldom, just get silver medal more. There are many medals that I collected, different logos and different meaning. It is a very important moment for every time I get the medal, that means my achievement and presents for myself.
Although that UTM running and explorace just participated by civilian in UPNM, but we get quite good results. UPNM sent 2 team for explorace, my team not win ,but another team get no.4 from 20groups,so proud of them. they also get medal for every group’s members, hamper and money. That event was a interesting activity. Just waiting for next event.

Written on 2.6.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...