Taiwan

Taiwan
马来西亚华裔青年台湾观摩团Taiwan Kuanmootuan 2008

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Penang Bridge International Marathon 2012


~ When crossing finishing line ~

Every year I never miss out this largest marathon event, this is the 3rd time I took part in Penang Bridge International Marathon (PBIM). When year 2010, I only took part in Fun Run Category, year 2011 took part in Half Marathon and same for this year. I just like the crowd of this marathon, total of 35k people from the world joint in this marathon. 18 November 2012, I did another half marathon for my running record. Penang Bridge only close and open for race once a year, and this is the last year ran on this old bridge, so everybody were too excited to join and took picture of the bridge crazily. Next year PBIM will run on a secondlink bridge, there is another new bridge in Penang, at the area of Batu Mau. Looking forward for PBIM next year….

~ Before the race started, went to Allianz booth to take this pic ~

I took part in Half Marathon, so race started at 3am, for the 1st time, I wore sleeveless running vest, with tight, sumore didn’t tie up my hair during the race. When represent UPNM for event, I didn’t wear sleeveless la, too shy plus 2 days before PBIM, I just get to straighten my hair, so I didn’t tie up. I didn’t prepare for this race actually, just for fun. So sad to see my result is same with last year, 2hrs 24mins, no improvement at all, get placing 108th out of 1876 women in this category.

Category: Half Marathon Women Open
Bib No: E09814
Event Results
9KM Split: 00:58:46.64
17KM Split: 01:49:31.84
ChipTime: 02:24:15.86
GunTime: 02:24:27.46
Ranking:108 /1876

~ Can you see the crowd of PBIM ~

While waiting my friend to fetch me after race, when I was resting at the side, got one guy sitting “medium distance” beside me. After a while, he took his bag and sitting beside me asking: “Are you waiting for your friend? You look very sad.” Haha, and conservations started. I’m so hard to answer his question. Everytime meets with new friends, I prefer if people don’t ask me which university I am from. I’m very proud to be a UPNM’s student, but it will be better if you don’t know my background. Usually will get replied like:

 “ Wa, Har, you look so well-bred, how come you are a UPNM’s student”

“Wa, can’t imagine how you survive there”

“Wow, really salute you la”

“ Har, then you all learn machine gun there ah?”

Wa , Wow, Har, Wa, Wow, Har J Eveybody giving me the response of too surprise and too admire. Haha, Better don’t ask me, I’m scare of response from everybody, seriously. I think UPNM’s student will know the feeling.

That guy named Desmond, from Sabah, many things we shared, we even shared about sports, marathon, duathlon and triathlon. He is also a sport man, I shared the events I joined before and exchange some sport knowledge with him. He was like too amazed to see a girl with sport knowledge about marathon, duathlon and triathlon. Oh my god. Ya, less women play sports, but I’m one of the one whom active in sports. I live under Kelab Sukan Lasak UPNM, of course I learn from seniors about this. Yeah, I get to used all this knowledge already. All of the sudden make me feel like I’m an athlete, and feel proud because of being a member of Kelab Sukan Lasak UPNM. Really let me learn a lot. Thanks J

After the game, I carried my bags and back to KL, for study la. PBIM new bridge, see you next year. Next year will run on the new bridge, new route, what category should I in? Still half marathon or try again for full marathon? I shall give full marathon another try. J Cannot imagine 6hrs on the road….News already come out stated that PBIM 2013 will held on 17 November 2013, will using new brige. Stay tuned…

~ Race kit I get ~

Story of PBIM 2010 >>> Click here
Story of PBIM 2011 >>> Click here

Target >>> PBIM 2013 Full Marathon.

See you on 17 November 2013, book your date !!!

Written On 4 December 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...