Taiwan

Taiwan
马来西亚华裔青年台湾观摩团Taiwan Kuanmootuan 2008

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Penang Bridge International Marathon 2011(PBIM)

On 20 November 2011, Sunday, was my 2nd year joined Penang Bridge International Marathon (PBIM). Last year, I joined only Fun Run Category (10km), but this year I challenge Half Marathon Category (21km). I did my 42km, 12km, 10km, 7km and 6km before this in other event but this is my 1st Half Marathon. That time not holiday, but I also go back from KL to join this event. I went back to my hometown on Friday, relax at home. Saturday night, my parent send me to Queensbay Mall, bring me alone from Jeniang to Penang, take around 1hr 30mins, the purpose is only let me run in this event, how good is my parent, hehe. Before send me to Queensbay Mall, they brought me to Gurney Plaza, shopped with them, and I bought something that very important to me. Don’t want to mention now, because I’m too happy already..haha, guess what is that? ^.^ I think my parent sure very scare to bring me shopping at anywhere one, because I will demand to buy something very expensive every time. Still the same sentence: Can’t resist the temptation. After shopping, we find food at Gurney Drive. I like the crowd at there. I ate Sushi, Char Kuey Teow, Laksa and other food.

Around 11pm, I went to Queensbay Mall, participants started to liven up the environment of this event, more people gathered outside of Queensbay Mall. Through the statistics, got 27,500 participants from national and international runner took part in this event.

Penang Bridge only open once a year to let people walk and run on the bridge, it was during PBIM annually. So, every body wanted to see the nice scenery view on the bridge, they join, worth it and very proud when you can run on the longest bridge in Malaysia. This year, I ran alone without any company. I counted my timing, I wanted to get best timing for myself. At the starting line, I stand quite in front, i run in normal pace so that can maintain my stamina until the end. I catch up and in good condition, but after 10km, I like lost energy already, lack of power gel maybe, next time should bring at least 2 power gel if run half marathon. After 10km, more and more ladies start to overtake me. Looking their pink colour jersey, I try to chase and follow their pace, but can’t, I scared my legs will cramp. I continue my race, with the vision
“NO PAIN, NO GAIN”.
The only thing I satisfied is I overtake many guys, haha, guys run slower than me. For me, I finish my run with 2hrs 24mins, quite ok, satisfied with my result. The internet also can see my result.

Category:Half Marathon Women Open
Bib No:E26278
Event Results
17KM CheckPoint:1:52:16.50
ChipTime:2:24:52.00
GunTime:2:24:59.13
Ranking:121/1393

5.30am, I finished my run, then I go for massage and drink some milo, corn flakes and eat bananas. On Sunday after the race, I went back to KL, back to campus with seniors. Then Monday go to class again. Will come to challenge PBIM next year again..wait for me.

The goodies I get from PBIM.The singlet very nice. Now i'm stronger in running as my shoes getting stronger now, haha.
I also just bought a dri- fit shocks for myself, is nice.

ADD-ON:

For just now the surprise, what I bought at Gurney leh? Hiak hiak…

I bought swimming suit.

I didn’t buy beginni because I’m not dare to wear that..haha. I didn’t buy the whole suit with singlet one, because cannot wear in my campus. Suppose to buy long sleeve and long pants suit to wear in my campus, but no need to torture myself la, I just bought one separate ¾ pant and swimming shirt. Branded Schwarzenbach.

The pant costs RM80.

The shirt costs RM90.The cap costs RM20.

I already jump into the swimming pool with my new swim suit but until now I haven’t buy myself the goggle. I like it so much. The pant also can use for running as I find running pant for so long time already, finally now can make it 2in 1, save a little bit. Now, with the swim suit, I can jump into swimming pool whenever I got feel of swimming. But, I’m still start to learn how to swim, need a coach actually.

Many running events coming soon within this month. I got event every two weeks. Fuyoh…Enjoy it.

Written on 1 Disember 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...