Taiwan

Taiwan
马来西亚华裔青年台湾观摩团Taiwan Kuanmootuan 2008

Friday, August 2, 2013

D1&D2 – Character Introduction & Kionsom Waterfall

 ~ Flight from Penang International Airport – Kota Kinabalu International Airport alone, very fun neh ~

When I recall back how my Sabah trip started, it was so impossible and funny. My Sabahan friend always ask me pay a visit to Sabah. Coincidentally I noticed AirAsia having promotion, then I make sure that don’t have military training during my semester break. On the last day last minute of the promotion, I get excited and book the ticket. For my 1st time, I book air ticket for only me by myself. Everytime want to become a proper backpacker that settle everything by myself, but never succeed. Every places I went, also got friends lend me a hand or be my tour guide. HAHA. Of course, got everything prepared for my trip also not bad la, I just enjoy.

~ Ukulele also want to go beach ~

My English-camp-like / music-camp-like Sabah tour began with new friends. Here, allow me to introduce to you 5 persons who major involved in this trip. 5 of them were studying together in HELP University, they are friends. But I’m new to all of them, HAHA. Ok, never mind. CHILLAX !!! Why I describe it with “English and music”? Because they communicate in English, so just a good opportunity for me to sharpen my English skill before internship training. And this gang of friend, they are good in singing and play music instruments, my work just to enjoy music all the time. HAHA. What a fate that arranged our trip together on the same period. I think if they are not there, maybe my Sabah trip might get a little bit dull. Lucky got them to make fun in my trip. WHO ARE THEY?

~ 6 of us…Opsss….Mysterious people in action ~

Cheang  cheang cheang…… 

[TIARA] Rock & Roll style, always carry her ukulele along wherever she goes. Very pro in guitar and piano. Opsss….is it correct? ^.^

[ANDREA] Smile always with small eyes… Talented gymnast… HOHO.

[Callie] Like to laugh… Pro cheerleader…

[ISABELLE] Very quiet girl. Very friend to books. Either sit in car or stand or walking also can read book. HEHE

[DESMOND] Opsss..The only guy. Our driver in this trip. A person who love triathlon and military stuffs. A future inventor and a pro guitarist. One more thing is he likes to cook.

~ And of course - me la. Tiara describes me as a sarcastic person ==''' ~

Yeah. They are very sporting. Kinda miss them now. Well, when talk about a self-guided trip, usually topic comes to ticket, accommodation, transport and how you plan your trip. For this trip, I spent quite a lot, but still in my budget. Flight tickets super cheap included baggage, so glad to have transportation and accommodation free in charge, while expanses actually quite heavy for me. What I do? I used cash prize I won in Teva KENABOI Adventure race. HEHE.

Flight tickets: RM 153 (2-way)
Expanses: RM600 (8 days)
Transport: Free (Friend’s car)
Accommodation: Free (Friend’s house)

~ Can you imagine how strong the wind ~

Windy and rainy days welcome us to Sabah. Planned to have BBQ by Tanjung Aru beach on the 1st night, but failed, at last BBQ at Andrea’s house. When driving at there, can see sea at your side, mountains in front of you, blue sky on top and trees along the road, how wonderful it is. Perfect match of nature indeed. What I found special in Sabah included there is no hone sound by car (drivers very good manner), a lot of roundabouts (always can turn right, “always give yourself another chance”), all highways without toll (save money, how good it is if that also happen in West Malaysia). 6am/7am in Sabah already like 8am/9am in West Malaysia.
  
~ Before storm, can see one thick layer of cloud, still can see that middle small island ~

~ After 5 mins, same angle, storm coming crazily man, where is the middle small island? RUN, RUN ~

On Day-2 morning, planned to go islands, but storm came. We bought tickets, take along our snorkeling equipment, with good mood, when want to sit on boat, suddenly storm blown us away. Everybody quickly ran into the building, scary man. So, we changed schedule. Our 1st destination was Kionsom Waterfall, located at Kampung Kobuni Ulu Kionsom, Kota Kinabalu. Very nice view. Have to hike up about 5mins, then reach a mini waterfall, if you climb up a little bit more, can see small waterfall, then big waterfall, then can see super duper amazing waterfall. But, be careful with leech.




~ Kionsom Waterfall ~

Name: Kionsom Waterfall
Place: Kampung Kobuni Ulu Kionsom, KK
Fee: RM1.50
Website: Click Here

Sabah famous with seafood, very very fresh ba…. At Sabah Waterfront there, got many stalls selling seafood. You can see fishing vessels anchored at waterfront there. Their seafood not only fresh, very cheap also. MUST TRY seafood.

~ We ordered this much for 6 persons, only RM60  ~

~ My friend recommend this as his top food list in KK – Fried Dumpling ~

Sabah is the place surrounded by sea and mountains, how nice is the scenery, always feel peaceful. that’s another name called “LAND BELOW THE WIND”. This is just starting part of my trip, more posts coming soon. BE PATIENT.

More photos >>> FB Album


LAND BELOW THE WIND

                                                                                            Written On 30 July 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...