Taiwan

Taiwan
马来西亚华裔青年台湾观摩团Taiwan Kuanmootuan 2008

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Teva KENABOI Adventure Race 2013


~ The satisfied moment when cross the finishing line ~

~ Teva KENABOI Adventure Race ~

26 May 2013, 3rd adventure race in my racing life – Teva KENABOI Adventure Race. I didn’t know exist of this event at all, until the day after 2nd Leg of MUDS at UM, an army guy contacted me and asked me whether want to become his partner or not. I immediately checked race reports in previous years. Seems like it really is a very extreme and adventure race. Thinking another week need to do 3rd Leg of MUDS, don’t know enough time to recover from pain or not. But still, I decided to join the game. Each team consist of 2 persons, one man and one woman, registration fee only RM75 per team, if student, only RM50 per team. The venue is at Kenaboi, Jelebu, Negeri Sembilan.

Equipments that must bring:
-Water Bag
-Trail Running Shoes
-Energy food
-Head Lamp
-Helmet

~ Preparation before game ~

~ At starting Line ~

Everytime before game, I must list down equipments that needed for game, make sure have a good preparation to relieve my mood before race. My new partner working in Melacca, while I’m in KL. On Saturday morning, I went to Seremban by KTM, and took around 1 hr to reach Seremban. My partner and his fiancée waited me at Terminal 1 Seremban. Then they fetched me along and we started our journey to Kenaboi. My new partner very takes care of me. He bought power gels, banana, water and breads for our energy food. We are both play sport, very naturally we talked about our training, races and experiences.

~ My new partner, a strong athlete – Azuan  ~

~ Athletes from ATM plus me from UPNM ~

Around 2.30pm, we already reached Kenaboi, we were the 1st team at there. Kenaboi is a very small town, a place very close to nature. For the 1st time, participants overnight in tents before race, haha. The starting point is at a school, so, everybody just open tent at the school field, a different experience for me. Luckily my partner prepared 2 tents, if not need to charge RM25 to rent 1 tent. This game very nice, they prepared dinner the day before race, breakfast and lunch on the race day. This year, the participants broke the record, 91 teams registered for this adventure game, out of their aim.

~ See, tents set at the corridor of school ~

Well, let you know about what we did in the race. The race got 7 tasks to do, 7 Checkpoints (CP). CP1 very near, just on a big roundabout after a corner from starting line. CP 1 – Rope Elements. Every team have to do 6 rope ties with help of pictures. Alamak, I didn’t know how to do, I just tied the easiest one, others done by my partner, haha. We were about 10th team to go after CP1. Very far journey from CP1 to CP2, road running route. Along the way, I just kept my pace maintained. From 10th group, took over many groups and reached CP2 as 3rd group. CP2 – Word Finding, very easy to pass this CP. 4th and 5th teams followed us very near behind. From CP 2 to CP 3 also very long journey, half road running and half trail running. Wow, for this trail running area, mud plus water area. My shoes all wet.

~ CP 1 – Rope Elements ~


~ 6 ties that we need to do ~

~ CP 2 – Word Finding ~

~ From CP 2 to CP 3 ~

~ Trail muddy watery route ~

CP3 – Blowpipe, Orang Asli Activity. Ladies need to do papaya blowpipe while guys need to do banana leaf weaving. Blowpipe was so fun, with the pipe, we have to put in their bullet, then close the pipe mouth with dust wool, then blow out the bullet with aiming papaya. From this CP, we became 1st team leading in front, we ran to CP 4 very fast, 3km from CP 3 running on road. Very hot weather made us very tired. At CP 4 – Pancing Botol and Tranfer Ikan Keli. At CP 4, got 2 missions, one is transfer 7 middle-size of Ikan Keli to a basket; another one is transfer a glass bottle with a nail hanging with thread to case. Very funny task la. From CP 4 to CP 5 just 2.5km.

~ CP 3 – Papaya Blowpipe 

~ Running into CP 4 ~

~ Guys did banana leaf weaving ~

~ Transfering Ikan Keli, so geli ~

~ Pancing Botol, my partner failed to do it for many times, I did it for just 2 tries ~

CP 5 – Water Tubing. CP 5 is the most interesting task that I waited for, never done that before. After putting up life jacket, my partner immediately gets 2 tubes and climb down to the river. We sat on the tube and the tube naturally slide follows by the river stream. But the river is too shallow, so can just use hands or legs to glide it. But I moved slower, then my partner let me pull the “Power Tube”. I just relax at the back. haha. When the river flows fast, we move fast, when the river flows slow, we move slow too. At one area, peak area, many stones and very fast flowing water area, around 10 volunteers standing there to watch up our safety. That area really very dangerous, make me scared, very fast and I drank water there. I can’t control the tube and I just hold the tube tightly, very tight. When bumped into stones, my legs felt so pain, wa, but interesting leh. Feel like wanna do it again. Water tubing area spent around 15 mins.

~ CP 5 – Water Tubing ~

~ So relaxed ~



~ Fast flowing water area ~

~ Can’t control the tube ~

~ Did you notice behind my partner, there are legs shows upright? That was my legs!!! I think that time I drank a lot of waters.  OMG~

After CP 5, straight go to caving area. CP 6 – Caving. Before entering caving area, is a jungle, went through underbrush area with muddy route, then small river stream, forest running and climbing route. Then went in to the cave, very dark and unknown direction inside. We wore head lamp and went it depends on the green rope. The caving side very extreme, dark, need to squeeze body to pass through the small hole. Still have to lie down to go through the stone, people fatter than me might not able to go through I think.  Ok, our missions completed, straight ran back to finishing line, around 6km to reach finishing line. I’m exhausted after doing all that tasks. But my partner keep inspired me, and pull me with the “Power Tube”.  I endured it and keep my spirit until the finishing line. Yeah, we completed the race with timing 3hrs 01mins and came in the finishing line as the CHAMPION.

~ The difficult tasks ~

~ “Power Tube” ~

 ~ Equipments to do “ Power Tube”, very easy only ~

~ My legs after game ~

~ So dirty after game ~

We won RM1,500 and Teva voucher worth RM800. So, divide into 2, each person get cash prize for RM750 and RM400 product voucher, gold trophy, finisher medal and Piala Pusingan. This was the 1st time get so many prizes and worthy prizes in a game. Thanks to my partner. My partner bought a Mizuno running shoes cost RM399 for me. From now, I got one more running shoes, pinky color, haha. After the game, we separated and I back to campus. For a week, I felt my legs very pain and worried about how to race for MUDS. Every morning just did light training, ran on grass field.



~ Ya, we are CHAMPION ~

~ I did it again ~

~ Because of rain, so we can’t stand on the podium, just receive the prizes at there ~

~ Photo with Sponsors ~

~ With the couple ~

~ My new shoes, Mizuno Wave Elixir 8, Pink Color ~

Anyway, I had a nice weekend with new experience at Kenaboi Adventure Race. Hope can join more adventure race in future.

~ Interview after game ~

~ Rushing ~

Teva Kenaboi Adventure Race >>> FB
Kenaboi Adventure Race on news >>> Click Here
More Photos>>> Click Here

VICTORY

Written On 2 June 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...