Taiwan

Taiwan
马来西亚华裔青年台湾观摩团Taiwan Kuanmootuan 2008

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Uitm Tower Challenge 2013

Having industrial training currently, I go for training 2 days in a week, sometime if lazy, 1 day per week. HAHA.  You know la, now I’m also one of the white-collar workers, every weekdays punch card 1pm – 10pm, add up the journey go and back from work, spend around 11 hours at outside. Everyday come back from work, online check some notifications, then sleep, tomorrow morning, wake up, breakfast, prepare to work, then go out. Really, kinda tired these days, no time to do my own thing, that’s why I update my blog so slow, Please forgive me… Anyway, not time to complaining here about work, is to let you know about new event I joined last 2 weeks.

~ UPNM early in the morning ~

15 Sept 2013, Uitm Tower Challenge was my 1st towerthon in my running life. Towerthon means you need to run for few kms, then climb stairs. Not 1 building, not 2 buildings, was 3 buildings nah we climb!!! The building not 3 floors, not 10 floors, is 20 floors nah!!! Scare? Not scary, but exhausted, but when you climb up to higher floors, the scenery really awesome.

I follow UPNM’s team to UITM early in the morning. Participants there were waiting for UPNM students for race start, UPNM students always late, haha. Whatever la, achievement more important. Just do 3 mins warm up then started for race, I felt my legs so cold. Buildings in front of me, very high buildings, not ask you to use elevator ok, use STAIRS, climb up to 20th floors!!!

1st building, 13 floors
2nd Building, 17 floors
3rd Building, 17 floors

After run for few kms, a little bit difficult to climb stairs actually. Endure it, endure it. 1st and 2nd buildings still ok, but already with slow steps. When reached 15th floor of 3rd building, I almost vomit, I don’t know why, maybe too long time didn’t exercise already. I rest for a while, I found that scenery from there very nice, very cold, very fresh, so fun. Oh ya, I still have to continue the race. At last, can’t until 20th floor, then climb down again. When climb down, always spin from upper floor to lower floor, faint!!!

~ UPNM team ~

Run, run, run to finishing line, got placing 4th in category IPT women.  I hate it, hate it. Maybe my fate used to be like that. I get placing no.4, get cash prize RM50, ok la. But you know placing 3rd get how much???? She got RM500. Wa wa wa, behind than her 1 placing, my money less a digit from her leh. If I know I can get placing no.3, then I can sprint to the finishing line. “If” always is just a day dreaming. I always let others go before me, I will follow behind the winner. This sentence is so true to describe me.

~ Erh… why got RM700 de ?? ~

~ My friend from UPNM won placing no. 2, Congratulations ~

This event categorized as good marshal team, good organization, but they made mistake at the end of the event, which is the most important part for winner. They announced name of winners for all categories, but miss out category IPT. At last, no podium prize giving for IPT winners, so sad. After the event, my legs pain for 1 week.

~ Bib No & T- shirt & medals  - Placing no. 4 ~

That day right after the event, we went to Mid Valley, Mid Valley like my 2nd home, I went there everyday during working days and non-working days. Coincidentally my friends from Penang came KL for short trip, so accompany them for a while. Nice meeting new friends.

~ Penang Lang > from left - Andrew, Dennise, Jason, 郭问 ~

From left > Nick and Aaron ~

 Written On 28 Sept 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...