Taiwan

Taiwan
马来西亚华裔青年台湾观摩团Taiwan Kuanmootuan 2008

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Kenyir Lake International Triathlon 2012


Have you been to Terengganu before this? What you will think if hear of Terengganu? Turtle? Have you hear about Kenyir Lake, been there before? If yes, I believe that you must be fall in love with the scenery at Kenyir Lake, right? I just can admit that I love Kenyir so much, where provide beautiful natural scenery and peaceful surrounding at there. Kenyir Lake is one of the tourism spot in Malaysia. As for your information, Kenyir Lake is an artificial lake located in the state of Terengganu in northeast Malaysia created in 1985 by the damming of Kenyir River to create the Sultan Mahmud Power Station. Kenyir Lake is the largest man-made lake in the world, the lake covers 260km*2, it contains 340 small islands and 19 waterfalls, can you imagine how big it is? Or you can’t imagine, or you straight away wanna pack your luggage to go there after reading this? J The water level is changing every months, the highest water level is in March & April. If you planning to visit anywhere with friends or family in Malaysia, I suggest you, Kenyir Lake is the most suitable place for you to relax your mind , at the same time can let you eye opener. At Kenyir Lake, can camping, boat cruising, team building activities, fishing and many more la. Got feel like want to go now?



This time, need to thanks to Kelab Sukan Lasak UPNM for giving me opportunity to join this game, let me stepped to Terengganu for the 1st time in my lifetime. 25 March 2012, was an important date, Kenyir Lake International Triathlon hold at Kenyir Lake. Kenyir Lake International Trithlon known as Malaysia’s toughest triathlon Race. Triathlon is a race that involved of 3 disciplines of sports, there are Swim-Bike-Run, do it continuously, people who finish it individually called triathlete or triathlon finisher. For this race, Swim 1.5km, Cycling 40km and Run 10km, quite a challenging race. This was my 1st time to join triathlon race, you will see the peak time for athletes to swim, cycling and running. Although this is a thrithlon race, but I don’t know how to swim, so I just join mixed relay for running 10km in this event. I seldom went for training for this event, quite scared whether can finish it or not, my partners also scared and non-stop of asking me to do training, haha.

                              
Well, 23 April 2012, we departed from UPNM at 9pm, 8hrs journey from KL to Terengganu really very tired. We reach Terengganu at 5am on the next day, then we walked along at Kuala Terengganu. At there, we get to see the special and the lifestyle in Terengganu, quite different from KL. The foods popular in Terengganu are keropok losong, Telur Penyu, Keropok Segera and many more.

~ The bridge~

~Turtle Eggs. Cannot see turtles, at least can see turtle eggs la J, very expensive lo ~

After that, we went to Kenyir Lake. Kenyir Lake located in a rural place. When reach there, everybody woke up from sleep, looking at the beautiful scenery, everybody naturally speak out: “Wa..Wa..Wa…”, me as well. The way up to our resort make us realize why triathlon held here called toughest triathlon, it’s because there is high and steep road along the road. Even bus drive up to resort also “no more energy” on the half way, the road is quite similar to the road up to Genting Highlands. While waiting to check in to our chalet, I get attracted with the scenery view and quickly go and snap the photo.

~Scenery view of Kenyir Lake from lobby, don’t underestimate this view, inside here got 340 lakes and 19 waterfalls~

~The vehicle we used to come out from chalet to go to lobby or the main entrance. The resort might be free from air pollution because no motorcycle or cars around resort, plus the resort is surrounded by lake~

After checked in to chalet, we quickly change our attire and go to have fun looo….We went to book two boats for boat cruising around the lake. For a very long distance to stroll around there, just paid for RM7.50 per person, worth it. After we get off from the boat, I asked the person there, “ Here got how many waterfalls?”, he answered: “ 19 waterfalls”. Wow, unexpected, too many la, due to time problem, we can’t go to waterfalls, but I confirmed I will visit Kenyir Lake again one day in future.

~Boat Cruising, enjoyed~

At night, the night before race, got a Carbo Loading Dinner plus Race Briefing Session. Carbo Loading Dinner is a dinner that will be do in every triathlon race, this was the 1st time I went for carbo loading dinner such big like this. Every athlete from different countries gathered in the dinner and a lot of food served to us, such as: rice, spaghetti, fruits, bihun, cakes, breads and many more la, let you eat until stomach full.

                                           ~Carbo Loading Dinner, voucher~

                                ~Athletes~

After that, everybody prepared for the race on the next day. Control the mood for race. For me, I just hope can finish the 10km run with good result lo.

       ~My bib no—910, this was the 1st bib no. of mine with my correct name, thanks J ~

On the race day, I woke up very early in the morning to prepare myself, so that can keep myself in the best condition. Looking of so many bicycles parking there and everybody prepared to the race start. For me, I’m runner for my team, so no need to warm up so fast, I fast fast went to the starting line of swimming to take photos, swimmers are very smart at the starting line.

~Bicycles, got feel like want to join?haha~

~The race starts……Go……!!!~

For swimmer, they need to do body marking, so that easy for people to notice them. Body marking very smart leh, actually, no need for cyclist and runner, but I found it as something special for me, then I asked them to help me do body marking.

~Body Marking ----910, smart J ~

Yeah, finally is my turn to run, after so long for waiting my cyclist to come back. My swimmer lend me a helping hand, he accompany me along my run. This is kind of supportive partner, very effective if to guide a girl to run to get better result. But, he guide you, when tired and walked to rest while running, he said: “ Jangan jalan, slow jog slow jog”. But, my legs don’t want to hear from me, still walking. Haha. For many times he asked to to run back again when I’m walked. The steep and high road really make me tired. That time, I still remembered the weather very hot, was a sunny day, plus already 10am, felt like wanna fainted, I felt like when lah can see the finishing line, while my partner that accompanied me always said: “ Cepat, cepat, depan sikit lagi saje”. He cheated me, actually there is still quite far away from finishing line, but is for good reason la, to encourage me to run faster. When I see the finishing line, I sprinted to the end, wow, I still can sprint after 10km leh, just realized what is the effect for drill training everyday. Very happy finished 10km with quite satisfied result.

~Yeah, finished…~

~For my group, we get no.7 in Mixed Relay Category, (from left) Runner, Cyclist, Swimmer. Quite good la, thanks to my partners.`~
Swimmer (1.5km) 0:36:37
Cycling (40km) 1:11:13
Running (10km) 0:53:21



~After the event, one guy propose marraiage to her girlfriend, so sweet~

At last, need to say bye bye to  Kenyir Lake and also Terengganu. I really love the scenery at Kenyir Lake. Can I go again next year? J Thanks UPNM for support us to thus game. My eyes opened after this game. Maybe need to training more to improve myself. Thanks for everything.


~Our chalet~

~This is UPNM Contingent~

For more photos, can go to my album >>>> Facebook

Written on 20 April 2012

hotel Cumberland in London
Powered by Best Free Counters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...