Taiwan

Taiwan
马来西亚华裔青年台湾观摩团Taiwan Kuanmootuan 2008

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

One day in Penang

After busy since starting of Sem 2 in my degree studies, finally got a mid-sem break for me to breath. I didn’t do any plan for this one week holiday, I just want to get enough sleep to cover back my sleeping sweet time. 1st day reach home, I slept until 11.30am, haha, never do that before, seems like really very tired. My auntie know I’m back, so she is here to cook delicious food for me. For 3 days continuously, she cook big prawn, big fish, big sotong and many more food for me, grandpa and my family. Today my auntie fetched my another auntie, my sister and I went to Penang, to visit my grandpa’s sister. Our schedule full with eating only, haha.

10 April 2012, we departed from my house at 8am to avoid from jamming at Penang bridge. When we reach Penang, we ate popular “Curry Mee”, really very delicious, got big prawn, big bowl summore, nice. Our breakfast –Curry Mee with Soya Bean.

“Curry Mee”  near Komtar, costs onlyRM3.80.

After chit chatting around 2 hours with grandpa’s sister, then she brought us to her son’s food stall. His son opened a Char Kuew Tiao food stall near their house, so we just walked to there. This Char Kuew Tiao is called “Tiger Char Kuew Tiao”, very famous in Penang. Singapore and Malaysia Cuisine TV Show also got interviewed them before this. “Tiger Char Kuew Tiao” pass on to 3rd generation from their grandpa’s era. And now this “Tiger Char Kuew Tiao” already got 2 branches, can imagine how good with their business? “Tiger Char Kuew Tiao” well-known with their nice smell, they put duck egg into the kuew tiao. If you are Penang Lang, I’m sure you goy try this before, if you haven’t try this, let’s find out in Penang somewhere else near Komtar. This is our lunch----Char Kuew Tiao, 粿汁,lobak, wow, full…

~This is “Tiger Char Kuew Tiao”, mixed with duck egg and big prawns, yumee~

~ 粿汁~

~Ping Hooi Coffee Shop~

After “Tiger Char Kuew Tiao”, we went to Penang branch Tunku Abdul Rahman College (TARC). Penang TARC really very far from city. The main reason we went there is because my sister facing problem to choose her tertiary studies. TARC is one of her choice la. Well, carry on with others. We went to Gurney to enjoy the blows of sea wind. After 1 an hour, we go for eat again. Aiyo, my grandpa’s sister treat us too good, brought us to eat “ ice-kacang” pula. You know la, Penang well-known with “ ice-kacang”, so we have to try. The “ ice-kacang” is very special, you must try when you go to Penang. Our tea time---Ice-kacang, laksa, popiah…

~ “ ice-kacang” got two scoops of ice-cream, one cup of jelly….nice.. it costs RM4.00~

~Come Penang, this is the food cannot miss out, Laksa….This bowl of laksa very very delicious.it costs only RM3.50~

Conclusion: Errrr……FULL…haha… Around 5pm, we come back home again. We return back Butterworth by ferry… On the way back Jeniang, we still stopped at Sungai Petani bought chicken rice for our dinner. How I’m not become fat after one week holiday????? Help me….
Ferry fetched a fat lady from Penang..hohoho..Thanks for today….. Penang always the best..


Before go back, I noticed that got one shop beside the Penang’s auntie house look very special, but closed just now, will explore it next time…nice or not? 

Written on 10 April 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...