Taiwan

Taiwan
马来西亚华裔青年台湾观摩团Taiwan Kuanmootuan 2008

Thursday, May 24, 2012

2nd Leg of MUDS 2012 – UPM

~ Have You register? ~

After 1st Leg of MUDS 2012 at UM on 12 May 2012, today I have completed 2nd Leg of MUDS 2012 at UPM. Just for about half months, I drink recovery drink twice a day, now just left half tab, I think one tab just enough to used for MUDS. But, it really help me a lot, recover my muscle faster and let me went through all the training smoothly. 19 May 2012, was a sunny day, 6am waited at Mess Cadet. This week, buses from HEPA used for other activities, so we just got one bus from HEPA and 4 units of 3 tan to carry all of us, total of 79 participants, 58 bicycles and other needs. This week is the 2nd week of MUDS, so everything went on smoothly and luckily none of emergency happened. Juniors did very well, they helped to put all the bicycles up to the 3tan before we ask them to do, good move. Today, 7am I moved to UPM by bus, together with 38participants, while Mizi organized at the other side for their bikes with juniors. We reached quite early at UPM. We warmed up and stretching on the run track of UPM.

~ UPNM was on STAR newspaper on 17 May 2012 ~

Sharp at 9am, race started, I’m so scared people overtake me, but people still overtook me, haha. At UPM, 3km run- 13km bike- 3km run, really quite difficult, but the bike course more easier than UM, this was made me more relief. My cycling too weak and too slow, my guider always beside me and ask me to go faster, he must be never thinking of my slow level can be worse like that, haha. Since I try on bike, my running pace also become slower already, how come? So many challengers in my category, Lydia Tan from Queenstown Resort College (Winner for 1st leg of MUDS) overtook me during 1st run and Ain from IIUM (2nd runner-up in 1st leg of MUDS) overtook me during cycling, wah…I can’t do anything with that. Thinking of protect the name of UPNM, after I put down my bike at transition area, I quickly went for my 2nd run. About 1.5km of my 2nd run, I saw Lydia Tan already ran back to the finishing line, while Ain still in my sight in front of me. I don’t want to get no.3, I want to get at least no.2, so, I maintained my run pace and slowly took over Ain. Then I ran non-stop to keep myself maintained speed until the finishing line. Yeah, I did it, I get placing no.2 in Women University Category with timing 0:52:52, just a little bit far behind after Lydia Tan. I get placing no.2, make everybody disappointed. Felt so sorry, but I already did my best, I didn’t miss out any training neither morning nor evening, but still cannot catch up with the winner, so sad. When everybody asked me my result, they will ask: “Teh, no. berapa, no.1?” or “Teh, menang?” They thought I can do very well, but I not able to achieve their fulfillment.If you ask me win or not, then I will answer you “ I didn’t win”, because if you are not the champion, then considered as a loser. However, you are still behind a person.



Is it I need to do more and more training to improve my stamina? Ok, I will do. Compare to last week at UM, the winner not in my sight, was too far from me. In the timing result, I’m 6 minutes behind her while Ain was 3minutes behind me. But this week, I’m so happy because Lydia Tan still in my sight, I’m 3 minutes behind her while Ain was 3mintues behind me. This actually showed I’m improved from last week, so means my effort on my training quite useful. Anyway, I get placing no.2 in Women University category was a truth and so, I will put more effort on my training after this. During prize-giving ceremony, very pleased to see most of the winners also from UPNM. UPNM became winner for all categories except Women University Category. <Results>

Men Relay Category:
1st – Mustaqim, Hudha, Amir Nasir --- 0:39:04
2nd – Amirul Hafiz, Izzat, Suhaime --- 0:39:31
3rd – Firdaus, Farhan, Adreen --- 0:40:39
~ Congratulations ~

Mixed Relay Category:
1st – Iqbal Aqil, Muhammad Haziq, Nor Asmidar --- 0:42:50
2nd – Muhammad Faiz Solehan, Afif Ariffin, Nurul Athirah --- 0:43:06
3rd – Mizi, Afifudin, Mem Syaikha --- 0:44:22
~ Congratulations ~


Men University Category:
1st – Lim Shimri --- 0:41:05, 2nd – Tarmizi --- 0:42:36,
3rd – Sir Chan Jun Shen --- 0:42:43, 4th – Tn. Aiman Halim --- 0:42:54
~ Congratulations ~

Women University Category:
2nd – Teh Yong Le --- 0:52:52, 4th – Mem Suria --- 1:02:53, 
5th – Nor Khalilah --- 1:03:56
~ Congratulations ~

~ My guider – Tn. Qayyum ~

Only Women University Category, means just only me not able to protect title for UPNM. How come, TEH YONG LE??????? This week is the last week to train and prove myself at UPNM. Hope I can do it.

~ I’m on the bike J ~

At UPM, along the route, got many photographers took our pictures, how you tired on the bike or when you are running, also need to show a smile to the camera. If you interested to see the photos, here got some websites you can visit >>> [ Snap Attack ], [ Malaysia CyclingMagazine ], [ MUDS 2012 ], [ My Album ] and many more. 2nd Leg of MUDS 2012 already finished, let’s move on to 3rd Leg of MUDS 2012. Coming Saturday will be a very big day for UPNM, UPNM is the host for 3rd Leg of MUDS 2012. Hope everything will be going on smoothly next week. See everyone in UPNM coming Saturday. Got many programs in UPNM and got performance wanted to show to you all, just come and visit.

~ Prizes I get J, Thanks Power Bar. ~

After the race yesterday, I gave postmortem to all club members, skip the important points, for the conclusion, I gave them a sentence that I read on an article of a successful athlete. I found this sentence very meaningful, that’s why I shared to them. Seriousness of an athlete on their training can show a good result on the competition day. Hope UPNM’s athletes also can do so. Thank You.

"Always Make Training as Your Competition and Make Competition as Your Training"

Written on 20 May 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...