Taiwan

Taiwan
马来西亚华裔青年台湾观摩团Taiwan Kuanmootuan 2008

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

3rd Leg of MUDS 2012

~ Starting Line in UPNM ~

1st Leg of MUDS and 2nd Leg of MUDS already over, here comes 3rd Leg of MUDS. 26 May 2012, it was a sleepless day for me, I can’t sleep on that evening even I’m quite tired after race, don’t know why. Last leg of Malakoff University Duathlon Series 2012 (MUDS) just ended. It was hold at UPNM, is my home ground, but I didn’t manage to change the fate for my University. UPNM as the host for last leg of MUDS, for sure we need to prepare the best for this event. As we done the venue setup planning for this event very early, so that Tarmizi, Bukhari and I no need to worry about it last minute, we just focused on our game, while Sport Department UPNM would settled all the setup. Just the day before big day, I settled the last problem, stalls problem. At 1st, I reserved 17 stalls to let whoever wish to open stalls, but at last minutes, just got 8 stalls turned on, haha, what a goodness job, luckily didn’t cause a big problem on the big day. Thanks for those supported and opened stalls on that day, it made the event more interesting. 

 ~ Preparation for MUDS in UPNM~

On the real day, 0630H, I went to do last confirm about the setup and stalls. Everything went on smoothly, 70 marshals reported to Sport Department to help out in this event. Around 8am, seems like nothing big happen, so I also went for warm up session to prepare the race. I admit that I wish I can get the title Duathlete of the Year before 1st Leg of MUDS, because my friend can get the prize easily with not so many challengers last year. But this year, with the appearance of a good cyclist, Lydia Tan, I didn’t put the hope on it anymore after seeing she joined 2nd Leg of MUDS as well. Before 1st Leg of MUDS, I got trunk on the training few times, because sometimes really felt very tired. But after her winning in 1st Leg of MUDS, I recover myself very fast and turned on to training every morning and evening without any excuse, even when cadets got parade or training been cancelled, I also went for training by myself, I did interval running training to improve myself. Interval training really can makes you improve faster, I felt shocked when I did it. Actually the title not so important for me, but it is important for our University. To protect and to defend our winning, we need to do well. To calm down myself, I always said, Lydia Tan won’t come to 3rd Leg of MUDS, haha, that just to let myself feels relief if she absent in the race. But that was just a statement of day dreaming.

~ Cheer Leaders Team. Their dancing ok ok only la, maybe not enough preparation. With my Sony Ericson c902, can shoot this kind of photo, awesome J ~

0830H, when I walked to Dataran Wawasan to have a senam robik session, I saw Lydia Tan rushed by holding her bike along ran enter the transition area, maybe she reached here late. From that moment, I knew I’m no hope on holding Duathlete of the Year’s trophy anymore, my dream fly away just like that. { When you want to develop your courage to chase a dream, it needs 1year, but a dream can disappear in your mind just within 1 second}. Well, race started, I ran with normal pace to maintain my stamina. In UPNM, I most hate the run course, a hilly run course, again, Lydia Tan took over me when ran up to the hill. I make sure she was always in my sight, finally, I ran in transition area together with her.  Last 2 series, she was very far in front of me during 1st run, but this time, at least I took the bike same time with her. She is a pro cyclist, how I gonna chase after her, I’m still new with cycling. Haha. In UPNM, we did 3km Run- 13.8km Bike- 3km Run. 3loops of cycling, I just get drafting behind my pacer during the 2nd loop, 1st loop and 3rd were failed to follow. When people helped me to break wave, I felt so easy to ride, but felt hard to my pacer, haha. Really feels appreciate to my pacer, he willing to help me for all 3 series, he get nothing by the way. If not him, I don’t know how I want to finish 3 series of races. When came to 2nd run, suddenly mental down, felt like don’t want to continue my run anymore, but with the jersey of UPNM, I continue it and try to find my mood. At last, I finished my race 3 mins behind Lydia Tan.

 ~ Me and Woman Duathlete of the Year 2012 -Lydia Tan ~

Actually 90% of marshals are my batch mates, some more most of them are my classmates, when I running along the route, always heard of my name “Yong Le, cepat, cepat” haha, thanks anyway for support me. When I was cycling, I saw an accident, got one girl fall down from bike, looking Ma’am Hurbertina helping that girl to beside the road while Tn. Kausar was there to control the traffic, that scene was touched my heart. In sport or during race, we are not just talking about winning or placing, it consist also sportsmanship and kind hearted. I respect them whom did it. Ma’am Herbertina can stop her bike and do a favor to that girl, while Tn. Kausar didn’t mind his seniority, he also stopped his bike and control the cyclists and cars. That moment, everybody slowed down their bike and ride more carefully. That time, I saw Lydia Tan already very far ahead from me, after few seconds blanked in my mind, I remind myself, UPNM still need me, then I continue focus on my race. That’s why I’m 3mins behind Lydia Tan. After Ma’am and Tn. Kausar helped out the girl, they continue their race until the finishing line. Tn. Kausar still able to finish the race with good timing compare to other runners. While Ma’am Hurbertina, as a woman who interested in endurance sport, she able to finish her race even she was the only one still on the way to finishing line. She was the last people came in to the finishing line, but she is a finisher and she did help people during her race, that’s what I respect to.

~ My pacer --- Tn. Qayyum ~

During a race, don’t be stingy about your generous hand, do offer help to people who really need our help. I got received a lot of help during my race before this, so I know the feeling of help wanted. Anyway, topic back to MUDS, I’m so glad that I didn’t gave up in my race, and I didn’t stopped and rest during my race for all 3 series. Maybe just can say no.1 is not my fate, since primary school. For all 3 series, placing no.1, no.2 and no.3 in Women University Category is the same people. I looked back result of last year, my timing is better than timing of placing no.1 last year. Even I can’t get no.1 this year, but, I think I’m a finisher is already an unbelievable case for myself, I already brake my own record. Before this, I’m just a runner, now I upgraded to become a du-athlete already. When want to become tri-athlete? The answer will be: When the day I can swim J. For this event, at 1st , I thought I can come out with one new statement : I’m one of the manager for team UPNM, I’m one of the planner for UPNM, and I’m also the winner. But now should change it to: I’m a manager, I’m a planner, and I’m a loser J

 ~ Woman University Category, with the word from Vice Counselor UPNM, “congratulations, very good”.
Ain become student UPNM for one day.haha~

~ Duathlete of The Year --- Lim Shimri and Lydia Tan ~

As this was the last leg of MUDS 2012, it comes to a conclusion for MUDS. Sport Department UPNM had a nice plan, got War Dance Show and Cheer Leaders team. As our expectation, continue from last year, UPNM get Top University Award with biggest contingent and Best University Award with highest marks this year as well. Lim Shimri also make us proud of him, he get the Men Duathlete of the Year 2012. And so, Men University Category from top1-5 also from UPNM, Mixed Relay Category as well. Here can view the result >>> Result MUDS UPNM. I think just Women University Category not be defended in a right way. We unable to bring back all 4 trophies, many people must be feels disappointed, really very sorry. Actually placing no.2 want to say as win or lose leh?

~ My bicycle under maintenance, after 2 series of MUDS, just noticed that my bike got problem, the brake is too near to my tire, it cause me ride slow is it, very hard to ride on it? Hehe, and tire was “gelong”, then Mizi just helped me to change another rim. I always ride on a bike got problem, but how could I don’t know leh…is too late to know it.. if not, my fate will change…? ~

I noticed that my FB almost want to explode already, full of photos tagged on my wall and also after MUDS, everyday got many friend requests, around 5 requests in a day. How I gonna accept the people I don’t know leh, at least they should introduce themselves 1st, then I will just accept la J Here comes to the end of MUDS 2012, so I snapped many photos to keep this in my memory. Finally, need to thanks to Malakoff as Main Sponsor, Power Bar and Nestle as sponsors, to Quick ReleaseAdventures as the organizer, to Endurance Club UPNM for letting me manage this event, to Sport Department UPNM for help us a lot, to Sir Ananthan for help us a lot, to Staf Jasmi as a coach for our club, and to all members of club for the co-operation. From this event, I learned a lot. Thanks everyone. Anyway, I enjoyed the race and I enjoyed training together with 80 people from UPNM.

 ~ Me and Event Director – Melody Tan ~

 ~ Me and Man Duathlete of the Year 2012@ Malaysia Triathlete --- Lim Shimri ~

 ~ Me and Malaysia Triathlete--- Riki, handsome or not? haha J ~

 ~ Me and Ain, no.2 and no.3 ~

Want to check more photos, can view on this site >>> [Snap-Attack], [My Album], [Amirul Hafiz’s Album], [MUDS 2012].


~UPNM contingent~
                                                                                 
Written on 29 MAY 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...